Today I started to go through some of Arthur Kdav (Keith Davis') slides of his artwork.  While these are not the most awesome photographs of the projected image on my yellowish walls - I still wanted to share some of them.


Arthur Kdav standing in front of one of his sculptural wall pieces
I am still working on finding the title for this piece - I wish I knew where it was because I really love it!  If you are the owner or know the owner please send me a comment.  Would love to get an updated listing regarding where it is located.

Arthur Kdav (Keith Lowden Davis) working at his sewing machine making his unique and amazing canvas shapes to be strung later on his hand made and designed sculptural iron frames.
Examples above and below of his completed canvases prior to stretching them over the iron.


AND ... this one.  I don't recall ever seeing it.  What stands out is the lacing work he includes on the front of the piece.  I believe it is two female forms in an acrobatic back flip - but maybe you see something else.  I don't know the title for this one and IF SOMEONE HAS THIS ONE - wow I would love to get some updated photos.  I think this is a great one of his works.

It is actually amazing to me.  He designed the pieces, cut and welded the iron, cut the canvas, sewed and riveted the canvas, stretched the canvas ... and wait for it... painted the canvas.  Truly unique and engaging artwork even after the first five years of gazing upon them! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog